Operator-Angel; Product Leader; US-India Corridor; Believer in Power Laws; Love Building & Learning
Hey – this is Soum. Welcome to An Operator’s Blog.
Quick background – am an SF-based early-stage investor & product leader. In my past lives, have been a VC-backed founder and institutional investor with deep experience across US & Asia.
I actively invest in tech startups as an operator-angel, with a ‘founder-first’ investing thesis.
Mission – Backing gritty founders building non-incremental startups, with operating expertise, networks and early capital.
Investing focus areas:
- Software – AI, SaaS, Enterprise
- Deeptech – Healthtech, Spacetech, Agritech, Life Sciences, Foodtech
- Consumer Internet – Fintech, Edutech, Commerce, Marketplaces
- Web3/ Crypto
- OpenSea (via acq. of Dharma Labs; Unicorn) – World’s largest NFT marketplace
- Phenom (via acq. of MyAlly, Unicorn) – AI-powered talent experience platform
- Varda (co-investors: Founders Fund, Lux Capital etc.) – building the world’s first space factory
- Yulu (follow-on: Bajaj Group, Magna, rocketship.vc) – EV-based micro-mobility for urban India
- LetsVenture (follow-on: Accel, Chiratae) – Leading angel investing platform in India
- Tydy (follow-on: Arka Ventures) – employee onboarding & engagement platform
- Flytbase (co-investors: Lavni Ventures) – autonomous drone software management platform
- Soulside (co-investors: Counterpart, GreyMatter) – powering mental health through AI
- Playto Labs (co-investors: Inflection Point Ventures) – robotics-based STEM Edutech
- BuyStars (co-investors: Lumikai, Chiratae, Leo) – digital asset-based Real Money Gaming for Cricket
- Prysm (co-investors: Multicoin, Polychain etc.) – Web3 native platform for collective ownership
- Omnify – Shopify for the recreation economy
- 91Springboard (profitable) – leading co-working space in India
- BIS Research (profitable) – deep-tech knowledge services
- Cleargraph (EXITED, acq. by Coinbase) – decentralized identity management
- Hate2wait (EXITED via dividends) – queue management software